FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO MAKE AN IMPACT WITH THE MEDIA WITHOUT A FULL-TIME PR COMITTMENT.
In this depressed economy many individuals, businesses and medical practices would like to engage a public relations firm but simply cannot afford to pay high monthly retainer fees on an ongoing basis. In an effort to cater to this segment of the business population, KMR Communications is offering “a-la-carte PR services and consultation. Recognizing the realities of the current business climate, KMR provides clients who are looking for professional support but aim to keep costs to a minimum. Often these are companies who have a public relations person in place, but may not necessarily have the time to develop materials or require additional counsel as they implement their PR program. KMR offers “a-la-carte services so that clients can choose, or mix and match the different components to create customized campaigns that not only best fit their specific needs, but also their budgets.
This concept was created to assist entrepreneurs, start-ups, small and medium-sized companies and individuals in gaining access to the vital, professional public relations services they need to gain a presence in today’s highly competitive marketplace. Recognizing that funding is often a huge consideration in such ventures, KMR created a way to bridge the gap; allowing companies and individuals to build their campaign, piece by piece, as funds become available.
KMR is ideal for companies that have limited resources, understaffed communications departments that need to outsource projects, or companies that wish to better control their communications budgets. Companies may have the option to utilize all or part of our services without committing to a large, on-going monthly retainer. KMR specializes in the following disciplines:
- Consultation services
- Every client has different objectives. KMR Communications works with each client to ascertain those goals and then map out the strategy that will best accomplish the mission. That strategy forms the foundation of all PR efforts. We also help define a client’s brand or company positioning, establishing crisp messages that mold identity. Other consultation services include social media and Web site development.
- Media relations
- The media is an important third-party endorsement of each client’s story. How the media portrays a company is vital to its perception by consumers. What distinguishes KMR Communications in our approach to media relations is a deep understanding of each client’s business combined with strong relationships with consumer and trade media. We have developed relationships with influential editors, reporters and producers who know that we bring stories of value. We have extensive experience and have secured countless placements with the leading print, broadcast and online media.
- Press kit development
- Reporters need all kinds of information on a company’s products or services, ranging from press releases, fact sheets, look books and product brochures to photos and corporate backgrounder. Our account teams assist clients in developing media kits that tell a company’s story in the most useful manner.
- Writing & research services
- KMR Communications has a seasoned team of writers dedicated to writing press releases, user stories and bylined articles for our clients. Our writers understand what sparks a reporter’s interest, how to differentiate our clients from their competitors, and how to craft a message to maximize placement opportunities – all skills that are essential to creating good buzz.
- Media coaching
- When it comes to tapping into the power of persuasive speaking, we’ve helped many companies and organizations. And we can help yours too. Our team has an unsurpassed understanding of every media format. Every media training program is individually designed to meet your objectives and includes a high degree of advance preparation into your company, industry and issues. When planning sessions, we factor in your goals, personal style, industry experience, target audience, and business-specific purposes.
- In an era of shrinking newsrooms and disappearing travel budgets, PR pros are increasingly having a hard time finding editors and reporters who have the time and resources to attend a tradeshow or visit a company's headquarters. Once forgotten with the advent of 'new media' desk side visits are an opportunity to PR professionals and their clients to visit writers and reporters in the newsroom or magazine headquarters. Desksides are valuable and cost-effective relationship-building sessions that have generated increased media requests for interviews with clients who previously flew under the radar of most reporters. KMR schedules one-on-one appointments with editors from national consumer magazines. The objective of desksides is to meet with top-tier editors and share the story of a brand in its own words as well as to demo/showcase products. Strategically, we schedule desksides and time it during a period when we know editors are working on specific/relevant issues that will be a good fit for the client.
- Event planning & production
- From grand openings and launch parties to announcing new products and web sites of all kinds, KMR Communications has helped introduce countless new products and services. Our team will create an experience and integrate your messages in ways that will resonate with media and consumers. We will oversee event preproduction, from timeline management and budget development, to venue contracts and manage on-site event production, including media invitations.
- Gift bag and promotional opportunities
- Swag bags. Coupons. Contest. In-store displays. What drives the consumer? It depends on what you’re selling – and to whom. KMR will work with you to identify these things and create the smartest plan of action.
**For more information and costs, please contact Katherine Rothman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our agency’s creative approach gives clients invaluable insights allowing them to more effectively reach their goals without “breaking the bank. The most important ingredient is to work with a professional team that has the experience, skill set and capability to counsel a company during these times.